Leksell Gamma Knife Icon - Clinical Introductory Course (UTS)
December 5-8, 2022
University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA
The UT Southwestern Gamma Knife Training Program, geared toward radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-otologists and medical physicists, provides a comprehensive understanding of the Gamma Knife for both new users and experienced individuals upgrading to the Gamma Knife Icon.
The four-day new user course is designed for individuals new to the Gamma Knife system who desire to develop a radiosurgery program.
The course will be offered as a hybrid course with both in-person and virtual attendee options beginning in September 2021. Virtual attendees will be able to attend the course via Zoom lectures and live streamed patient observations.
- Understand principles of frame-based and frameless Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Reviewing the radiosurgery indications, treatment parameters, and outcomes for benign and malignant intracranial disorders
- Gain proficiency in:
- Stereotactic frame application
- GammaPlan treatment planning software
- Icon-specific training with mask-based simulation and treatment
- Physics of Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Expansion of patient eligibility with mask-based workflow:
- Fractionated radiosurgery
- Distributed radiosurgery for brain metastases
- Staged treatments for large AVMs and pediatric considerations for AVMs
For full Information visit their website: Go to the website
Registration: please contact Raina Brooks for more information on course availability and enrollment via email GammaKnifeProgram@remove-this.UTSouthwestern.edu